Apparently the redesigned 2015 Mustang will look “very” European - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 22 Old 05-27-2013, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Apparently the redesigned 2015 Mustang will look “very” European

A Ford insider mentioned recently that the next generation 2015 Ford Mustang will look "very" European, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but to some faithful Mustang lovers it probably is. What sort of look do you guys think the next Mustang should take on, a "very" European look or "very" American look like the current Mustang?

post #2 of 22 Old 05-28-2013, 01:50 PM

I have absolutely no problem with that, a lot of new American cars look very European and for once American cars have looked the best they ever have. Mean while you have 20-30 year old Europen vehicles that still look amazing, can't say the same about american cars.

new corvette is a good example, looks like its design was heavily influenced by a Ferrari.
post #3 of 22 Old 05-28-2013, 02:51 PM

Instead of the bold and aggressive look Ford is giving in to the euro styling. This also could be the doing of a newly hired designer. Expressing different designs through the mustang to gain more interests to the ones that never like the mustang. It could be a change of heart for a lot of people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 05-28-2013, 02:55 PM

TO be honest I have no problem with t as it has been growing on me. I wonder what the Europeans have to say about this new mustang. If it interests them enough maybe they could add it to the Ford roster in Europe. all they have is hatchbacks over there for ford.
post #5 of 22 Old 05-28-2013, 02:55 PM

I could see this happening, since they are so strict with emissions over there maybe this new four cylinder mustang would be suitable.
post #6 of 22 Old 05-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Look European? Why would they want an American icon to look European?

post #7 of 22 Old 06-03-2013, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
because everyone is trying to make their cars look more european. the mustang will be a global car too so it has to appeal to a very large audience unlike previous gen's

post #8 of 22 Old 06-04-2013, 10:50 AM

Ehhh.. I think people out of North American who would buy a Mustang are fans of american culture. The Mustang is iconic. Whats the point in destroying that aura by making an European inspired Mustang? o.0

ForceFedStang likes this.
post #9 of 22 Old 06-04-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
This could be either a huge success or failure for Ford Mustang. I like the new design. My older brother doesn't.

It almost makes me think breaking the Mustang into two lines would be better: a retro line and modern design.
post #10 of 22 Old 06-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Exactly any domestic should stay true to their roots. I feel that Ford should establish their own new look not involving euro styling.