2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350: 10 Things You Learn While Driving the Beast - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 05-10-2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350: 10 Things You Learn While Driving the Beast

Quote:
The Shelby GT350 is one of the most thrilling cars you can buy. Period. Add in the fact that it starts at less than $50,000, and it’s also one of the best sports car bargains around.

This makes the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 a magical car and a very rare type of beast. Here are 10 things I learned while driving it:

This is not a pretentious sports car. The Mustang has always been one of the most accessible sports cars you can buy, and just by looking at it and hearing it, people know this Shelby is different. The result of this is that people freak out and engage you, which they wouldn’t do with, say, a Lamborghini because they assume the driver is a hoity-toity rich person who doesn’t care for the common man.

At nearly every stoplight, people were asking me to rev the engine, dads were pointing the car out to their kids, bros gave thumbs up and mouthed profanities, people walked into poles while craning their necks to look at the car, and other Mustang drivers gave you the nod of approval. One particularly hilarious thing I overheard was, 'S–T! It’s a girl driver!'
Read more about the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350: 10 Things You Learn While Driving the Beast at AutoGuide.com.
post #2 of 2 Old 07-08-2016, 06:14 AM

Look at that grille for air intake. That is FEIRCE. And that racing stripe is such a statement. I would really love to be able to test one of these in person. Perhaps it's time for me to call for a mid life crisis and start actively seeking out one of these Down Under as a little present for myself.