2015 Ford Mustang LED Headlights - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 05-07-2013, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

2015 Ford Mustang LED Headlights

Seen on the Ford Evos (Mustang) concept were a set of LED headlights (pictures below). LED headlights are becoming the new 'thing', Acura and Mercedes already have LED headlights in their flagship luxury sedans, the RLX and new S-Class, which just goes to show the direction the industry is heading into in the not too distant future.

How possible is it that the 2015 Ford Mustang production model will have a LED headlight setup much like it's Evos concept?

Mustang LED headlight pictures:

post #2 of 16 Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 PM

Possible that LED headlights will be on higher trim Mustang's like the GT, GT500, Shelby GT500. But I also wouldn't be surprised if none of the 6th generation mustangs get this technology since most of the production vehicles that have it are $60,000 and up and the highest trim 2013 Mustang MSRP is just under $60,000.

Last edited by rwdftw; 05-07-2013 at 05:16 PM.
post #3 of 16 Old 05-09-2013, 07:56 PM

i like the "look" of the led but the range of light and visibility is my biggest concern. I think this will probably remain in the concept stages. Unless they could put those LEDs behind projectors than that is a different story. But more money on the table.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-13-2013, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdftw View Post
Possible that LED headlights will be on higher trim Mustang's like the GT, GT500, Shelby GT500. But I also wouldn't be surprised if none of the 6th generation mustangs get this technology since most of the production vehicles that have it are $60,000 and up and the highest trim 2013 Mustang MSRP is just under $60,000.
Just what i thought, if this happens, it's higher end mustang's or the highest trim mustang and LED headlights will just be an option available by it's self or in a package.

And hopefully every other 2015 mustang model will get projector setup, it bothers me when car makers still sell a $25-30k+ car with projector-less headlights.

post #5 of 16 Old 05-13-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob View Post
i like the "look" of the led but the range of light and visibility is my biggest concern. I think this will probably remain in the concept stages. Unless they could put those LEDs behind projectors than that is a different story. But more money on the table.
A setup like the RLX is probably what it's going to be like but as seen in the pic's above the individual LED projectors (if you want to call them that) will be closer together. Maybe not as intricate as the RLX

post #6 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 01:59 PM

I think the price of these LED headlights will scare me, any good quality LED headlight or tail light setup will cost you a lot. I've seen some retail for as low as $600-700 a set and up to $2000.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post
Seen on the Ford Evos (Mustang) concept were a set of LED headlights (pictures below). LED headlights are becoming the new 'thing', Acura and Mercedes already have LED headlights in their flagship luxury sedans, the RLX and new S-Class, which just goes to show the direction the industry is heading into in the not too distant future.

How possible is it that the 2015 Ford Mustang production model will have a LED headlight setup much like it's Evos concept?

Mustang LED headlight pictures:

I think for the time being these LED headlights will remain concept. They are lacking a few fundamentals like turning signals and I doubt those will illuminate to a far distance compared to projectors. They look similar to the headlights on the Acura NSX concept.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang View Post
A setup like the RLX is probably what it's going to be like but as seen in the pic's above the individual LED projectors (if you want to call them that) will be closer together. Maybe not as intricate as the RLX

If these kind of lights would come out for the production mustang the picture above will be more suitable and realistic. For LEDs you would need the help of projectors to spread the light further.

As much as I am against the new look these lights are nice i'll admit but not for the mustang.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 12:36 PM

It is possible the headlight shape will be the same but the actual headlight itself will be different this is the case most of the time for concepts. I like how the fog light grille illuminates.
post #10 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 12:41 PM

If I were to ever go with an automatic it would have to be a dual clutch. they are not as expensive as some would think of it to be. But it needs to be reinforced to handle the bigger v8.

I noticed how notchy the previous gearbox was on the mustangs maybe they could make it more refined if I could make a suggestion that would be some thing to improve on.