2015 Ford Mustang Engine Options - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 05-07-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

2015 Ford Mustang Engine Options

What engine options will be available on the 6th generation S550 Mustang?

Here's what I think we'll be getting:

- Turbocharged 2.4-liter engine
- V6 engine based off of the 5th generation Mustang 3.7-liter V6 engine
- 5.0-liter V8 engine

post #2 of 13 Old 05-08-2013, 06:45 PM

expect the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder engine to be ecoboost engines, some info to back that claim up...

Quote:
Sure to make a splash in the car community when it debuts in 2014, the next-generation Ford Mustang could be your dream come true or a black nightmare – it all depends on personal preference.

But preference for Ford’s newest pony car will come down to more than loving or hating its updated, polarizing, style. That’s because Ford has confirmed two major mechanical changes long rumored to be in the pipeline: an independent rear suspension and an EcoBoost engine.

Whether or not that EcoBoost will be a four- or six-cylinder is still unconfirmed, but regardless of which version Ford chooses, the powerplant’s reliance on forced induction is a departure from the car’s near exclusivity to natural aspiration.

Of course, there’s the supercharged GT500, but that doesn’t belong in the same sentence as an entry-level EcoBoost. Fans will also remember the 80′s era SVO which used a turbo four cylinder, but that was a limited-production vehicle where the upcoming car will make mainstream production.

Regardless, the EcoBoost line has already gone great lengths at eliminating the V8 mentality thanks to its performance in the F-150 pickup truck. That still might not be enough to convince some stoics, but Ford may not have to.

The company will certainly still offer its 5.0-liter V8, but Ford will drastically alter the way its pony car drives by abandoning its live rear axle for the first time. That alone could be enough to frustrate old fans regardless of engine choice.

Some might argue that’s exactly what Ford needs, though. By moving to a more refined and fuel efficient drivetrain, the Mustang will probably have more appeal on the global market and with younger drivers – both places where muscle car history is more-or-less irrelevant.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 AM

I thought thought the ecoboost was a 2.0L? Maybe I read a false source?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 PM

To me it seems like we'll be getting 2 EcoBoost engines, a 4 cylinder engine and 6 cylinder engine. It makes sense since they will be in the mainstream basemodel mustangs. At the least the 4 cylinder will be ecoboost, Ford will need a really fuel efficient Mustang model.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 PM

The 4 cylinder will be a good seller i think given the sportiness but provides decent fuel economy too. It's almost a no brainer. In the past we would see more v6 models than the v8 but now I think we will be seeing the focus on the four cylinder for those shopping with a budget. the v8 needs to be cheaper so its more attainable.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 PM

This will rattle a lot of current mustang owners. To add in a four cylinder just ruins the Mustangs reputation. So that will give competing vehicle owners to point that out about the mustang.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 PM

From what they say is that the four cylinder will be turbocharged cranking out 310hp. I mean those are decent numbers given the weight of the mustang. even with the 310hp it will take a little more power to get the mustang where it should be realistically. I don't like the idea but until I can actually drive on I won't shut the idea down just yet.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

TGIM! 2015 Mustang motor lineup has been LEAKED! here's what you need to know...

2.5-liter four cylinder @300HP
3.7-liter six cylinder @305hp+ ( There were talks of Ford upping power to around 400hp)
5.0-liter eight cylinder @475hp+

post #9 of 13 Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post
TGIM! 2015 Mustang motor lineup has been LEAKED! here's what you need to know...

2.5-liter four cylinder @300HP
3.7-liter six cylinder @305hp+ ( There were talks of Ford upping power to around 400hp)
5.0-liter eight cylinder @475hp+
Not bad number for a 4 cylinder 300 horsepower is enough to have some fun but i just wonder how the acceleration is going to be on this mustang since the body is heavy. will it be enough to haul the mustang and still be fun. That is the question.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-30-2013, 03:13 PM

What is more exciting is that the Shelby GT500 version of this mustang is going to have about 675hp supercharged v8. There are so many variations of engines. Which one do you guys think sell the most?