2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 & Boss 302 - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 09-09-2013, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 & Boss 302

yes yes its leno.. hes got a pretty darn nice collection of mustangs though...

post #2 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 12:19 AM

Well he is an American, a proud one and a hard core car guy, glad to see he has a nice Mustang collection.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM

he makes a good point about there being no need to add an aftermarket exhaust to the new GT500.
it's exhaust meets the requirements of a lot of people who would buy this, something loud enough but tamed when you want it to be.

another plus, Ford only offers this with a manual transmission, no automatic!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post
he makes a good point about there being no need to add an aftermarket exhaust to the new GT500.
it's exhaust meets the requirements of a lot of people who would buy this, something loud enough but tamed when you want it to be.

another plus, Ford only offers this with a manual transmission, no automatic!
The S197 mustang is actually very docile around town, reminds me of how well behaved the foxbody is in the city, just the little whine of the fuel pump until you step into it... same with the S197 GT500, very very subdued during cruising yet the pipes really open up when you want them too...

I know on the last gen corvettes there was a mod you could do by pulling a fuse to bypass some sort of valve (sorry can't remember ATM) in the exhaust and it lets the thing scream at idle...

Not going to lie though I've ridden in heavily modded mustangs and when your clicking along at 80 mph on the freeway it gets droney, loud and annoying...
post #5 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Good god, he owns most of car heaven already just imagine what the car gods have in store for him. what a nice bunch. so thats where they went. Those are mine **** it!
post #6 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allman View Post
The S197 mustang is actually very docile around town, reminds me of how well behaved the foxbody is in the city, just the little whine of the fuel pump until you step into it... same with the S197 GT500, very very subdued during cruising yet the pipes really open up when you want them too...

I know on the last gen corvettes there was a mod you could do by pulling a fuse to bypass some sort of valve (sorry can't remember ATM) in the exhaust and it lets the thing scream at idle...

Not going to lie though I've ridden in heavily modded mustangs and when your clicking along at 80 mph on the freeway it gets droney, loud and annoying...
Yeah i've passed by a number of modded mustangs at those speeds and it isn't as pleasant to hear them as it would be with other cars

post #7 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 02:27 PM

APRIL 17th!

I believe this is the D day for when the new S550 Mustang debuts.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Trickpony View Post
APRIL 17th!

I believe this is the D day for when the new S550 Mustang debuts.
Seriously? Where did you find this date from?
Although it sounds believable with the very first models being available 2014.5, i just want a source.

post #9 of 9 Old 09-12-2013, 02:30 PM

My guess is it will still be in april not sure if exactly on the 17th but it wouldn't surprise me if it does end up falling under this date.