2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 & Boss 302 - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 09-09-2013, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 491
2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 & Boss 302


yes yes its leno.. hes got a pretty darn nice collection of mustangs though...



cfrp is offline  
post #2 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 156
Well he is an American, a proud one and a hard core car guy, glad to see he has a nice Mustang collection.
GTStang is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 400
he makes a good point about there being no need to add an aftermarket exhaust to the new GT500.
it's exhaust meets the requirements of a lot of people who would buy this, something loud enough but tamed when you want it to be.

another plus, Ford only offers this with a manual transmission, no automatic!



MustangFan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post
he makes a good point about there being no need to add an aftermarket exhaust to the new GT500.
it's exhaust meets the requirements of a lot of people who would buy this, something loud enough but tamed when you want it to be.

another plus, Ford only offers this with a manual transmission, no automatic!
The S197 mustang is actually very docile around town, reminds me of how well behaved the foxbody is in the city, just the little whine of the fuel pump until you step into it... same with the S197 GT500, very very subdued during cruising yet the pipes really open up when you want them too...

I know on the last gen corvettes there was a mod you could do by pulling a fuse to bypass some sort of valve (sorry can't remember ATM) in the exhaust and it lets the thing scream at idle...

Not going to lie though I've ridden in heavily modded mustangs and when your clicking along at 80 mph on the freeway it gets droney, loud and annoying...
allman is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 88
Good god, he owns most of car heaven already just imagine what the car gods have in store for him. what a nice bunch. so thats where they went. Those are mine **** it!
GlitchMob is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 09-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by allman View Post
The S197 mustang is actually very docile around town, reminds me of how well behaved the foxbody is in the city, just the little whine of the fuel pump until you step into it... same with the S197 GT500, very very subdued during cruising yet the pipes really open up when you want them too...

I know on the last gen corvettes there was a mod you could do by pulling a fuse to bypass some sort of valve (sorry can't remember ATM) in the exhaust and it lets the thing scream at idle...

Not going to lie though I've ridden in heavily modded mustangs and when your clicking along at 80 mph on the freeway it gets droney, loud and annoying...
Yeah i've passed by a number of modded mustangs at those speeds and it isn't as pleasant to hear them as it would be with other cars



MustangFan is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 164
APRIL 17th!

I believe this is the D day for when the new S550 Mustang debuts.
5Trickpony is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Trickpony View Post
APRIL 17th!

I believe this is the D day for when the new S550 Mustang debuts.
Seriously? Where did you find this date from?
Although it sounds believable with the very first models being available 2014.5, i just want a source.



MustangFan is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 09-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 95
My guess is it will still be in april not sure if exactly on the 17th but it wouldn't surprise me if it does end up falling under this date.
ForceFedStang is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome