6th gen Mustang vs Camaro? - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 08-22-2013, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

6th gen Mustang vs Camaro?

My opinion is that the current Camaro is toast once the new Mustang hits the streets. The current Camaro is going to weigh too much to compete, as well as look worse and older.

But what does GM have in its sleeve for the next Camaro, and how will the S550 stack up? What do you think? I'm sure Ford is planning for this car to compete against the new Camaro...
post #2 of 15 Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 PM

these two cars will be amazing cars, it's tough to say of the Camaro will be toast since we've seen nothing on it yet. But I know for a fact that Chevy has something big planned, it's going to be on the cadillac ATS platform, be lighter, and pack more power! much like our mustang
post #3 of 15 Old 08-26-2013, 03:56 PM

If its the current camro your talking about yeah but I have a feeling the next one might put up a good fight if the rumors hold up. the alpha platform should be changing things up in the segment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-26-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedStang View Post
If its the current camro your talking about yeah but I have a feeling the next one might put up a good fight if the rumors hold up. the alpha platform should be changing things up in the segment.
current camaro probably won't have a chance, it's just too much of a boat.
post #5 of 15 Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM

the new camaro does look like a good competitor. It'll be good fun seeing the s550 vs the new camaro once both are available to compare.

post #6 of 15 Old 08-29-2013, 06:34 PM

All I know is that the new Cadillac twin turbo V6 that will probably make it's way into the Cadillac ATS-V could also end up in the Camaro, at that point the Mustang will have some worries.

post #7 of 15 Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 PM

Nothing a turbo v8 can't fix on the mustang. there should be no worries though! I have faith in the ford.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-30-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedStang View Post
Nothing a turbo v8 can't fix on the mustang. there should be no worries though! I have faith in the ford.
They have a lot on their plate, the hundreds of millions even billions spend on the R&D of the new Mustang, which is going to be world vehicle, they will make it right

post #9 of 15 Old 08-30-2013, 03:06 PM

power isn't everything let's hope the new suspension gives the mustang a good edge. V8 vs turbo v6 has been an eternal debate.

post #10 of 15 Old 08-30-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
power isn't everything let's hope the new suspension gives the mustang a good edge. V8 vs turbo v6 has been an eternal debate.
thats true it will need to handle and take turns like no other mustang before it could. it also needs to be well balanced.