2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum (https://www.mustangs550forum.com/forum/)
-   New 2015 Ford Mustang News (https://www.mustangs550forum.com/forum/new-2015-ford-mustang-news/)
-   -   2015 Ford Mustang Rumored With 310-HP Four Cylinder (https://www.mustangs550forum.com/forum/new-2015-ford-mustang-news/186-2015-ford-mustang-rumored-310-hp-four-cylinder.html)

AutoGuide.com 05-08-2013 02:00 PM

2015 Ford Mustang Rumored With 310-HP Four Cylinder

If the rumors about Fordís next Mustang prove to be true, Carroll Shelby will probably be turning over in his grave.

Rumblings from enthusiast forum Mustangs Daily suggest that there is, in fact, a force-fed four cylinder on tap for the 2015 Mustang. As you may already know, everything you read on the internet is completely reliable. Keeping that in mind, Fordís next muscle car will come with a 2.3-liter EcoBoost enigne packing an impressive 310 hp.

The forum member guilty of stirring the pot claims to be part of the market research study for the upcoming car. If any of that is true, it holds significant implications for the future of budget performance cars. Ford hopes to move the Mustang from an American flag waverís delight to something more globally marketable.

That will mean ditching the carís live rear axle and, possibly, offering a more fuel efficient engine. The unit in question this time is said to return up to 34 mpg.

For perspective, that figure comes nail-bitingly close to touching the same power Shelbyís 428 cubic-inch Cobra Jet V8 made in 1968.

rwdftw 05-08-2013 07:40 PM

Ford always falls behind the Europeans. While the Mustang is getting a 310HP Four cylinder turbo engine, the Mercedes CLA45 AMG gets 355HP four cylinder turbo engine.

Europeans FTW!

I expected more power out of a big 4 cyl turbo.

Domestic Violence 05-09-2013 07:17 PM

310Hp only? Well this is just the four cylinder model anyways. I wouldn't have expected too much from the four banger. Only the budget minded crowd will be interested in this. Of course doesn't have a place with comparing to the Germans in this field, its a god **** four cylinder oh what so a turbocharger too. The germans have the best when it comes down to drawing the most torque output from the four bangers. the mustang should just remian in the v6 and v8 world.

Boss-Stang 05-09-2013 08:31 PM

I agree 310 horsepower is not enough for the mustang. If I am thinking of it to be comparable to the previous one. It need some more power to haul that much wight and a four cylinder needs more than just a turbo.

BruteStang23 05-09-2013 08:32 PM

Will the four cylinder turbo mustang only come in one trim with that amount of horsepower or will there be other ones with possibly more to the wheels?

GlitchMob 05-09-2013 08:35 PM

Hey guys you are taking it too personal with the "idea" so far this is just a rumor. the way I think of it is if ford can make 310 with the four cylinder that is pretty impressive in my books but what about the reliability. It's probably maxed out in terms of power, any more and your asking for problem. This is just to fill up the spectrum of Mustangs so they will attract a different crowd too. If this is true of course.