Countdown to Mustang 50th Anniversary - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 06-25-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Countdown to Mustang 50th Anniversary

This video looks to be the start of Ford's 50th anniversary campaign. This is the first of a continuing series.

Where It All Started: The Mustang 1 Concept - Ford Mustang Countdown

Quote:
Itıs the early 1960s and America is changing; new music, new movies and new young drivers looking for a different kind of ride. Ford realizes it must change with the times. Two years before the launch of the car that would become a worldwide sensation, the first concept car bearing the Mustang name emerges from the Ford design studios.

The entire Mustang project was code-named ³Allegro² since many of the engineers and designers working on the concept are musicians. In order to keep the true nature of the project under wraps, they use musical terms as a code. While the diminutive, two-seat sports car doesnıt make it to production in concept form, a number of design cues do along with the Mustang name.

Weıre collecting and sharing some of those stories each week on Mustang Countdown as we explore how this pony earned such a special place in the hearts of fans from not only New York to California, but Shanghai to London and Iceland to Argentina.
post #2 of 12 Old 06-26-2013, 12:26 PM

This is where Ford will b taking the new styling cues from for the new upcoming 50th anniversary mustang? Looks like a boat but I guess we can't blame them just look how far back we are going.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 PM

Looking at this and the Evos concept I find it hard to make the connection since the Evos concept is playing a major role in how the new mustang is styled, it already seems to take after the Evos quite a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-02-2013, 06:02 PM

I really enjoy the mustang and all but I find it hard to believe that this concept above will have any real influence on the new mustang.
2tonepony likes this.
post #5 of 12 Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteStang23 View Post
I really enjoy the mustang and all but I find it hard to believe that this concept above will have any real influence on the new mustang.
it's literally a boat, fill in the wheel wells with metal, paint it, throw it in the water, and people will actually think it's a boat. not like the 67 mustang boat :P

anyone who believes this is what they are building off of should look at the recent spy shots and the evos concept
post #6 of 12 Old 07-02-2013, 06:19 PM

yeah for sure I was like really now there is no way maybe just a little but nothing major to resemble a boat like this one
post #7 of 12 Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 PM

Did you know that on Mustang's 49th anniversary, April 17th, 2013, that Ford made a Ruby Red GT convertible with a black interior to celebrate the one millionth Mustang produced at the Ford assembly plat in Flat Rock, Michigan. That is a lot of Mustangs!

I wonder how they are going to celebrate the 50th anniversary????
post #8 of 12 Old 07-09-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
Did you know that on Mustang's 49th anniversary, April 17th, 2013, that Ford made a Ruby Red GT convertible with a black interior to celebrate the one millionth Mustang produced at the Ford assembly plat in Flat Rock, Michigan. That is a lot of Mustangs!

My bet is the release of the redesigned Mustang S550. Its just too fitting!
post #9 of 12 Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tonepony View Post
Looking at this and the Evos concept I find it hard to make the connection since the Evos concept is playing a major role in how the new mustang is styled, it already seems to take after the Evos quite a bit.
The Evos has really set the design language for the entire lineup, but the S550 will be the flagship
post #10 of 12 Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post

The wait is just killing me to see what they have up their sleeves for the 50th. This will be a big milestone for Ford as the mustang is pretty much their flagship vehicle.