New Mustang to be smaller and hundreds of pounds lighter - Page 2 - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 13 Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allman View Post
the original mustang was pretty small compared to what we've been seeing lately from mustang. The whole point of the mustang was supposed to be light, whippable and fun to drive. I like the idea of a svelte mustang, should help the S550 corner better then the S197. Cant wait to see another Mustang BMW comparison so the mustang can conquer the Germans.

ALSO cant wait for the S550 to EMBARRASS the camaro...
although im a big mustang lover i know GM has something big planned for the next camaro just as the Mustang is going under a big change here.
expect it to be on the alpha platform and possibly have some cadillac tech in it by then.

post #12 of 13 Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 PM

That is one **** of a diet. I am interested to see how they are going to pull that off.

post #13 of 13 Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
That is one **** of a diet. I am interested to see how they are going to pull that off.
The last Mustang was pretty bulky. They are going to take down some of the measurements and use some lighter materials mostly, but it shouldn't seem like this impossible chore. Mustangs have been smaller, much smaller, in previous models so i don't think that shaving some weight off the next model is such a tall order.