The Mustang name and logo - Page 2 - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 26 Old 08-30-2013, 01:14 PM

haha good way to put your right. A mustang will always be a mustang and should be kept the same regardless of a new logo or not.
stangman likes this.
post #12 of 26 Old 08-30-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
Obviously Ford will never change the name of the Mustang, but it could change the logo at some point. I think it will be clear when it is time to do so. That time is not right now, but it could be the right time in the future. Many other companies regularly update their logos..
Yup, I can see the logo getting revamped eventually, I won't mind it as long as it still has that look it belongs on some badass american 2 door coupe

post #13 of 26 Old 08-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Not sure why they would change it.
WHATS WRONG WITH IT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 Old 09-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post
Yup, I can see the logo getting revamped eventually, I won't mind it as long as it still has that look it belongs on some badass american 2 door coupe
Do you mean the way the current mustang logo looks? Whatelse are they going to come up with that gets across the same feelings and emotions as the galloping horse does?

50 years of continuous production is not something insignificant, you dont get 50 years by fragmenting your messaging, you get it from consistently delivering what you promised. the Mustang has always and will always deliver freedom and fun.

Look at Mustangs competitors can any of them boast the same track record? The Camaro took a nap for a few years, The challenger went away for decades. The Trans Am is dead with Pontiac...
post #15 of 26 Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Not sure why they would change it.
WHATS WRONG WITH IT
i doubt there's anything wrong with it, they probably feel like a refresh is needed especially at a time the mustang is being changed a lot.

post #16 of 26 Old 09-04-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allman View Post
Do you mean the way the current mustang logo looks? Whatelse are they going to come up with that gets across the same feelings and emotions as the galloping horse does?

50 years of continuous production is not something insignificant, you dont get 50 years by fragmenting your messaging, you get it from consistently delivering what you promised. the Mustang has always and will always deliver freedom and fun.

Look at Mustangs competitors can any of them boast the same track record? The Camaro took a nap for a few years, The challenger went away for decades. The Trans Am is dead with Pontiac...
Have you seen what a Z71 Camaro can do?
But it and a GT500 mustang on a road course track and I guarantee you it will be a good show, almost fair game, just depends on the drivers.
post #17 of 26 Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 PM

It would not be a new logo, it would be an updated version of the same logo. Cadillac just dropped the wreath to stay modern. Starbucks zoomed in their logo and removed all the words. Microsoft simplified their logo recently as well.

A new Mustang logo would still be a galloping horse, it just might look slightly different. Maybe it would be fit into a circle, or maybe it would get simplified.

It's also possible they will never change the logo. After all, the Ford blue oval hasn't changed in the longest time.
post #18 of 26 Old 09-04-2013, 01:26 PM

the one seen in the picture below was ugly IMO but since it's on a classic it holds the same status, which is what saved it. without it that front end would look incomplete

post #19 of 26 Old 09-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanmuscle View Post
Have you seen what a Z71 Camaro can do?
But it and a GT500 mustang on a road course track and I guarantee you it will be a good show, almost fair game, just depends on the drivers.
Is Chevy making an offroad package for the Camaro now?

I've seen what the ZL1 can do around a track, but that only appeals to a few hardcore consumers. Ever notice how many women buy mustangs too? It has an appeal to both sexes, on the one hand it can be snarly and misbehaved, but on the other it can be a tame cruiser... It depends who you are what you want and how you feel about the car.

The Camaro, Challenger and Trans Am never saw that type of embrace from the prettier sex....
post #20 of 26 Old 09-04-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post
Maybe just a slight tweak in the logo but nothing big that would be a big stunt for Ford to pull.