WTF Was Ford Thinking?: First Pictures of the 2015 Ford Mustang Interior - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 30 Old 05-07-2013, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

WTF Was Ford Thinking?: First Pictures of the 2015 Ford Mustang Interior

These 2015 Mustang interior pics don't show a whole lot, but we can clearly see what the steering wheel, dash board, center console & instrument cluster look like and it's far from impressive. Maybe they quickly mocked up this interior for testing purposes and we're going to get something far more appealing? but if we do get whats in these pictures then I don't know what to say...

Last edited by MustangFan; 05-07-2013 at 05:54 PM.
post #2 of 30 Old 05-08-2013, 02:32 PM

What a mess. No way that will make it to production. Looks like something from a decade or two ago. Compared to the current 2014 Mustang, it is a vast unimprovement

post #3 of 30 Old 05-08-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post

These 2015 Mustang interior pics don't show a whole lot, but we can clearly see what the steering wheel, dash board, center console & instrument cluster look like and it's far from impressive. Maybe they quickly mocked up this interior for testing purposes and we're going to get something far more appealing? but if we do get whats in these pictures then I don't know what to say...
The screen on the center console looks like an OEM Navigation screen from 20 years ago. What does Ford really expect us to see through that screen? I was under the impression there would be Ford's infotainment in this vehicle but that screen is way too small for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM

Definitely a bit disappointing. This for sure has to be the base model. But even still - disappointing. The 2013 Mustang interior you linked is the Boss 302. That interior is way nicer - not sure what you mean by a vast improvement.

Keep in mind the base mustang interior looks like this right now

post #5 of 30 Old 05-09-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Definitely a bit disappointing. This for sure has to be the base model. But even still - disappointing. The 2013 Mustang interior you linked is the Boss 302. That interior is way nicer - not sure what you mean by a vast improvement.

Keep in mind the base mustang interior looks like this right now
if ford plans to design the new mustang interior based off of this design they should really look into getting rid of the center vents and place a infotainment screen in that area, much like what BMW did here...

and if they want to keep center vents, they can always make them smaller and stealthy
post #6 of 30 Old 05-09-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
What a mess. No way that will make it to production. Looks like something from a decade or two ago. Compared to the current 2014 Mustang, it is a vast unimprovement

The dash looks like the spoiler in the rendering. guess it comes down to whatever you use on the outside we can use on the inside. Real innovative right? hahaha
post #7 of 30 Old 05-09-2013, 05:47 PM

The infotainment console look like a old school multi disc cd player. Well The exterior better be exciting or else this is just some push over projected with lack of creativity. I have never seen a more horrible interior dash well i have but lets add this to the list.

Quote:
post #8 of 30 Old 05-09-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss-Stang View Post
The infotainment console look like a old school multi disc cd player. Well The exterior better be exciting or else this is just some push over projected with lack of creativity. I have never seen a more horrible interior dash well i have but lets add this to the list.

Lmao!!!! So true. I see so much resemblance with that stereo box its not even funny. Honestly I think a high school design student could do better than that. but the speculation right now seems to be true the focus is on the outside. the exterior of the 2015 mustang must be breath taking for them to screw up this big.
post #9 of 30 Old 05-09-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post

No doubt that the 2014 mustang interior was much more appealing. This is what happens when you try something new though. Maybe that is a cover up or false photos... hopefully. To bold for my taste for sure.
post #10 of 30 Old 05-13-2013, 07:40 AM

You guys are lost. That photo isn't the 2014 Mustang interior.