evolution of the S550 6thGen Mustang - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 Old 10-29-2013, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

evolution of the S550 6thGen Mustang

Lets take a look at the evolution of RENDERINGS for the S550

Notice a TREND? The renderings are looking more and more like the existing Mustang and becoming -dare i say- more REALISTIC?

existing mustang

post #2 of 17 Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM

I don't think we can really base the 6th gen Mustang or S550 renderings for trends. There is just nothing really official about them to grasp on.
post #3 of 17 Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM

Thanks for putting this together.

How I see it, people that created these renderings went off of what was available at the time. First set of renderings were heavily inspired by the Evos concept mixed with some current mustang DNA.

Everything else that comes closer to the real deal were partially built off of the official leaked front end that we seen last month.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-30-2013, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

yep. I just find it interesting considering HOW MANY RENDERINGS are out there.

Seems like they are getting better and better. We should have a pretty good idea of how it looks now.

post #5 of 17 Old 10-30-2013, 01:14 PM

Very interesting to see the evolution of the renderings though. As they go forward the renderings do get more conservative. This is partly due to more information about the actual Mustang from spy shots, and partly a realization that the Mustang isn't going to be changed radically. In the end I think that we will be unsurprised by the look of the new Mustang.

How do you feel about the new Mustang looking more similar to the old Mustang instead of more of a departure?
post #6 of 17 Old 10-30-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calling Card View Post
Very interesting to see the evolution of the renderings though. As they go forward the renderings do get more conservative. This is partly due to more information about the actual Mustang from spy shots, and partly a realization that the Mustang isn't going to be changed radically. In the end I think that we will be unsurprised by the look of the new Mustang.

How do you feel about the new Mustang looking more similar to the old Mustang instead of more of a departure?
That's exactly it, as official updates come out people are changing their renderings to stay in line with the official info.

I like that the new mustang will look more like the mustangs of the past, it's what it clearly needs and from these renderings it seems it will work well.

post #7 of 17 Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calling Card View Post

Well, I wouldn;t mind a slight change but it just really depends how it pans out. Thye front is pretty much solid but the rest of it still lies in the rumor mill.
post #8 of 17 Old 10-31-2013, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

I think the rear ends are more of a guess. Where as the front ends are based off spy shots.

post #9 of 17 Old 10-31-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
I think the rear ends are more of a guess. Where as the front ends are based off spy shots.
It is. It's a mix of the current mustang along with other current and conceptual designs by Ford. It's just too narrow, too curvy and just not what i would expect it look like.

post #10 of 17 Old 10-31-2013, 05:19 PM

I don;t mind Car and Drivers S550 expect for the fact that it has no hips! I love me some hips and swerve

'86 Fox GT Cobra- White Lightning