4 Cylinder Turbo Mustang: Yay or nay? - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

4 Cylinder Turbo Mustang: Yay or nay?

Ford is planning to release a 2.3 liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine as an option. It is expected to have an output of about 300 hp.

Are you guys excited about Ford's new direction by offering a Turbo 4-banger or do you think it goes against the legacy of Mustangs which are traditionally v6 or v8?
post #2 of 16 Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM

Yay, even though im not buying it.

I like the idea cause Ford needs at least one "green" or one good gas mileage Mustang, that is just a really cool looking a-to-b car. A lot of people who currently own basemodel V6 mustangs use their mustangs for this purpose, as an a-to-b car. CLEARLY they aren't having any fun with it lol might as well downsize even more to a 4 cylinder.

People who are serious about performance will get a V8 Mustang, Ford has plans to keep the V8 alive.

post #3 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 09:16 AM

An America Muscle with a 4 cylinder does sound like strange bedfellows to me. But I see a turboed 4 cylinder as the new trend in the auto industry right now.

In any case, I hear the V6 is still the base car but the 4 cylinder will be an option. I really don't see many Mustang guys buying the 4 cylinder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
An America Muscle with a 4 cylinder does sound like strange bedfellows to me. But I see a turboed 4 cylinder as the new trend in the auto industry right now.

In any case, I hear the V6 is still the base car but the 4 cylinder will be an option. I really don't see many Mustang guys buying the 4 cylinder.
4cyl mustangs won't be for the true mustang guy, it's just for people that want a mustang because it's a mustang and not cause they can get a high output V8 that they can turn into a muscle car
post #5 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 AM

So will the 4 cylinder Turbo will cost more than a V6?

Sounds like a pretty easy decision for me.
post #6 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 AM

Just pretty much sums up to this. The 4 cylinder turbo will be the female friendly version of the mustang. But to the true mustang fans you got to leave the v6 and v8 in there to keep those guys happy. I can't wait to see what others have to say about this one.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM

Consider the 4 cylinder mustang a lost cause. And yes female version sounds about right or any other sissy that wouldn't be able to handle the v8 would be in for that. lol
post #8 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 01:58 PM

I think 2015 Mustang: Hippie Edition has a better ring to it. I know a few female Mustang fans who would take offense to that. They love the V8.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 AM

I don't think Mustang fans should have anything to complain about. If they don't want the 4 cylinder turbo than don't get it. I just don't think Ford is making a very good decision by offering it. I really doubt it will sell.
post #10 of 16 Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY View Post
I think 2015 Mustang: Hippie Edition has a better ring to it. I know a few female Mustang fans who would take offense to that. They love the V8.
The female mustang fans will always love the d, mustang.

You can never get rid of the v8 in the mustang.