2016 Chevrolet Camaro: Smaller and Lighter? Look Out, Next-Gen Mustang - Page 2 - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 16 Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY View Post
2015 is looking like a great year for American Muscle fans. I am loving all three cars right now. Anyone knows if the Dodge Challenger is getting a facelift?
I don't think so. As far as I know there are no plans to do a major redesign on the Challenger. But Chrysler is developing 6.2-liter supercharged V8 with a power output of 640hp. It will go into production in mid-2014 as a 2015 model year. And will most likely be available an option on the SRT8.
post #12 of 16 Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
I don't think so. As far as I know there are no plans to do a major redesign on the Challenger. But Chrysler is developing 6.2-liter supercharged V8 with a power output of 640hp. It will go into production in mid-2014 as a 2015 model year. And will most likely be available an option on the SRT8.
Holy carp balls. That a whole lot of jam for that sandwich!

Guess dodge won;t be caring too much of this whole green campaign that is going on. But at least if we ever run out of v8 options there is still dodge to look at.
post #13 of 16 Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM

Do you guys think they will ever drop that supercharged v8 in to the new camaro? That would be nuts especially with the smaller platform and all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Americans muscle manufacturers make their cars with power. Pollution be damned. We import the emasculated cars for the environmentally conscious.
post #15 of 16 Old 05-23-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestic Violence View Post
Do you guys think they will ever drop that supercharged v8 in to the new camaro? That would be nuts especially with the smaller platform and all.
Doesn't seem likely, but with Chevy planning a few models on the alpha platform it's possible they will drop the V8 for a V6. Hopefully they keep the V8 but in lower production. They just need to make V6's look more attractive if they want to push V6 engines.

post #16 of 16 Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Americans muscle manufacturers make their cars with power. Pollution be damned. We import the emasculated cars for the environmentally conscious.
Exactly we are mustang owners and enthusiasts there time to give a crap about the environment when we could tromp on the pedals of V8s all day. We are proud americans not like some conservative tight shirt wearing europeans.