Here's why you shouldn't buy the 2015 Ford Mustang - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 05-15-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Here's why you shouldn't buy the 2015 Ford Mustang

As you all know the 2015 Ford Mustang will be getting Ford's new EcoBoost engines, unconfirmed that they will get four-cylinder & V6 Ecoboost engines. At the moment Ford's V6 Ecoboost engines are having major problems, some owners are reporting that the engine shudders, shake and loses power under acceleration. Keep in mind this is the same V6 engine in the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO, an engine suitable for a mid-trim Mustang.

Over 100 complaints have been filed with the NHTSA about these issues!

Hopefully Ford does something quickly about this cause I would hate owning a 2015 Mustang V6 that shutters, shakes and experiences a power loss under acceleration.
post #2 of 13 Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM

Ford better get their sh*t straight before next year. If this problem isn't fixed, you can count me out from buying a Mustang.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 AM

Ecoboost does not sounds too good. I'm sure Ford is doing everything they can to fix the issue, especially with the release of the new Mustang. They can't afford to misfire on that launch. There is too much competition for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-16-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY View Post
Ford better get their sh*t straight before next year. If this problem isn't fixed, you can count me out from buying a Mustang.
the ecoboost in the mustang is only in the 4 cylinder engine which is an option so you dont have to worry. The new mustang is still good. with a v8 of course
post #5 of 13 Old 05-16-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Ecoboost does not sounds too good. I'm sure Ford is doing everything they can to fix the issue, especially with the release of the new Mustang. They can't afford to misfire on that launch. There is too much competition for that.
Really I have heard good things of the ecoboost on the focus. Not sure about the issues yet but it probably hasn't hit really big numbers of complaints yet to draw a concern to ford. But definitely they should take a look at the new batch before release.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 AM

What's so good about Ecoboost?
post #7 of 13 Old 05-21-2013, 06:32 PM

The ecoboost engine line from ford offers a direct injection turbocharger. It has been proven that the same engine with the ecoboost system has better power and torque delivery. But does it in an efficient way. Not to mention the 20% better fuel efficiency and 15% reduced green house gases for you tree huggers.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 PM

It sounds all too green to me. I have read that it has the same power output and efficiency of a diesel. I never enjoyed the smell of those things and but the power seemed to be there in a greener way. I don;t know if this ecoboost is really for me though.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteStang23 View Post
The ecoboost engine line from ford offers a direct injection turbocharger. It has been proven that the same engine with the ecoboost system has better power and torque delivery. But does it in an efficient way. Not to mention the 20% better fuel efficiency and 15% reduced green house gases for you tree huggers.
With the price of fuel these days, I'm all for fuel efficiency. As long as power isn't sacrificed, I'm happy.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-27-2013, 12:36 PM

With news that the Mustang will be heading to Europe, an Ecoboost Turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, now makes perfect sense.