2015 Ford Mustang coming to Europe! - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 05-27-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

2015 Ford Mustang coming to Europe!

As part of Ford plan for global vehicles, the 2015 Mustang will be available in Europe! With that being said there's a teaser video Ford Europe posted on youtube which you can see below.

Alan Mulally, President and CEO of Ford Motor Company said the following at an event in Amsterdam:

“We heard it here first – Mustang, the American icon, is coming to Europe!”

“We will have more details to share in the future. One thing we can say for sure what has made Mustang such a sensation in the U.S. for nearly 50 years soon will be enjoyed by customers in Europe.”

and some statements from Stephen Odell, VP, Chairman and CEO of Ford of Europe:

“You only have to look at the incredible response to Mustang when it has appeared this summer at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, in the U.K., and at the Le Mans Classic, in France, to get a sense of the excitement this American icon generates across Europe,”

“The Mustang is uniquely Ford and has a huge fan base here in Europe. Now those fans have something to look forward to and we look forward to providing more details in the near future,”

Last edited by MustangFan; 05-27-2013 at 10:17 AM.
post #2 of 7 Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 PM

Great news for Europeans. But I question if they actually do like Mustangs there. Watching Top Gear, it doesn't seem to me that Europeans would appreciate the American Muscle. While they may like the high horsepower, I feel they will be disappointed in the handling. That is, if the 2015 Mustang will be like it predecessors in that aspect.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-27-2013, 06:18 PM

This is the first time Ford has released the Mustang in Europe since it's debut 50 years ago. I have a hard time believing that. I don't see the Mustang doing too well over there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-28-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Great news for Europeans. But I question if they actually do like Mustangs there. Watching Top Gear, it doesn't seem to me that Europeans would appreciate the American Muscle. While they may like the high horsepower, I feel they will be disappointed in the handling. That is, if the 2015 Mustang will be like it predecessors in that aspect.
If I remember correctly the small guy loves American muscle cars. The other two not so much.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-28-2013, 02:37 PM

about time this news went official but with the mustang being available in Europe this has me wondering if there will be a diesel engine Mustang, Europe always seems to get a diesel version which the U.S. never gets.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-28-2013, 05:53 PM

Must be exciting for the Euros to get the Mustang for the first time ever. I mean we have had the mustang for 50 years now I am sure more than a couple of fanatics over complained and asked why? Ford must have thought hey its been 50 years now we held it from them for long enough.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-28-2013, 05:54 PM

There is no better time to debut the mustang in Europe then now. With the arrival of Ford mustang's 50th Anniversary this is a great way to make an entrance to other markets.