What other cars are you looking at? - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 06-04-2013, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

What other cars are you looking at?

April 2014 is still a while away and that's just the reveal. Who knows when the new Mustang will be on the roads. So what other cars are you guys looking at while you wait? The Camaro also looks interesting to me but it's in the same situation as the Mustang.
post #2 of 10 Old 06-05-2013, 11:59 AM

It's not exactly in the same segment but it is in the same price range and criteria. I'm pretty interested in the Subaru BRZ. My interest is getting an affordable performance vehicle and both the the BRZ and Mustang fit that criteria.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-05-2013, 02:13 PM

I looked at the chevy Camaro and it does fall in to being the mustang's competitor but the Gt V8 trim. The Dodge challenger is in the same price range as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-05-2013, 02:16 PM

For Imports I had a chance to try out the Nissan 370 and Hyundai Genesis. It wasn't for me but I went along with my friend to the dealerships to go for test drives. It will be fun once we all get our cars lots of knocking lol domestics versus asian imports.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
It's not exactly in the same segment but it is in the same price range and criteria. I'm pretty interested in the Subaru BRZ. My interest is getting an affordable performance vehicle and both the the BRZ and Mustang fit that criteria.
The Subaru BRZ handles very well but the only problem is that the thing is not gutsy at all. When I drove my friends It was making a lot of noise but was barely moving.

The new Mustang should be closer to having better handling characteristics with it's new suspension set up. The only thing it could use is a diet for weight reduction to balance things out.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-05-2013, 02:21 PM

Those are decent for the track but it would never belong on the drag strip or keep up on the highway runs. Fairly small car from what I could remember. Not my cup of tea.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-06-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob View Post
The Subaru BRZ handles very well but the only problem is that the thing is not gutsy at all. When I drove my friends It was making a lot of noise but was barely moving.
The BRZ S or STI is coming out soon. Its adds more horsepower and improves the interior quality, while also offering more accessories.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-07-2013, 09:19 AM

Dodge Charger. Most likely the V6. It says it can get 44mpg on the highway. How Dodge achieved this, I have no idea.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-07-2013, 11:59 AM

Nothing really. I just want to see what the next Mustang is going to look/perform like. Interested to see if they are going to make it handle better since the last one actually did well in comparisons which did shock many.

post #10 of 10 Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 AM

Actually the 2014 WRX STI concept is another cars that's caught my attention. Subaru is trying to shed its rally roots and make it more of a roadster which I think will appeal to a lot of Muscle guys.