Mustang S550 to be based off the Evos concept - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Mustang S550 to be based off the Evos concept

The 2015 Mustang is speculated to offer an EcoBoost engine and an independent rear suspension. The retro era of the Mustang will also come to an end with the 2015 model. In its place will be a more modern appearance inspired by the Evos concept car that debuted at the Frankfurt motor show in 2011.

post #2 of 13 Old 05-01-2013, 06:25 PM

I was hoping Ford wouldn't go with the aston martin looking front grille on the S550 Mustang, but it's starting to seem like their new brand-wide design. The look might grow on me but It will have a lot of hardcore mustang guys saying this is the death of the stang.

post #3 of 13 Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

I think it's about time Ford modernized the Mustang. I think the retro look for Muscle cars has long passed. I also feel they are cheap imitations from the classic cars of the past. Bring on the new designs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-02-2013, 11:34 AM

An unofficial rendering of the 2015 Saleen Mustang just made its way out. What do you guys think? The designer, Matt Bernal of Body Auto Style took some cues from the EVos concept and implemented some Saleen-specific cues in this render, judging by the aggressive front fascia and the muscular side skirts. There's also a ventilated hood and a black grille, while the car rides on massive ten-spoke alloys.

post #5 of 13 Old 05-13-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
An unofficial rendering of the 2015 Saleen Mustang just made its way out. What do you guys think? The designer, Matt Bernal of Body Auto Style took some cues from the EVos concept and implemented some Saleen-specific cues in this render, judging by the aggressive front fascia and the muscular side skirts. There's also a ventilated hood and a black grille, while the car rides on massive ten-spoke alloys.

Everything under the front upper grille just looks horrible to me, it should be so wavy, it should flow with the mustangs original body lines. Wheels look horrible, not one bit suitable for the 2015 Mustang. Vent on side skirt needs to go too, vent on the rear 1/4 panel was enough.
If you want to rice out your 2015 Mustang, this is the best way to go about it

post #6 of 13 Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM

The new Mustang will have a lot of confused pedestrians wondering what this is. I can't wait to see more official pictures. I will have to decide whether to buy the 2014 model or wait for the revision.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM

April 2014 is when we'll find out how close to the Evos concept the 2015 mustang will be in it's production form, going to be a while, just under a year more to go but anything can happen in this year wait

post #8 of 13 Old 05-24-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post
April 2014 is when we'll find out how close to the Evos concept the 2015 mustang will be in it's production form, going to be a while, just under a year more to go but anything can happen in this year wait
Is this date supposed to be the reveal or the release date?
post #9 of 13 Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFan View Post
Everything under the front upper grille just looks horrible to me, it should be so wavy, it should flow with the mustangs original body lines. Wheels look horrible, not one bit suitable for the 2015 Mustang. Vent on side skirt needs to go too, vent on the rear 1/4 panel was enough.
If you want to rice out your 2015 Mustang, this is the best way to go about it
I have always liked the saleen mustangs. The saleen's skirt package always looked the same through out the generations its about time they changed it up a bit to accommodate the new mustang.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 PM

I just hope that rear quarter panel vent is functional, otherwise you know how much debris and leaves are gonna get stuck in there. By the looks of the vent it doesn't look functional, where does the air go?