So, how many traditionalists are pissed? - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 07-10-2013, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

So, how many traditionalists are pissed?

As we all know, this is the first new platform in a long time. The body shape no longer resembles the original Mustangs, opting instead for a new modern design with the Aston Martin-like front grille shape of the current Ford Fusion. For the first time since 1964 (?) the Mustang will have independent rear suspension. So, I know this must be a big deal to the traditionalists who never wanted to lose the single piece live rear axle...am I right?
As my father put it, "Books will be written about the loss of the Mustang "look" and the live rear axle"...anyone here writing one of these books?
post #2 of 9 Old 07-10-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefitty View Post
As we all know, this is the first new platform in a long time. The body shape no longer resembles the original Mustangs, opting instead for a new modern design with the Aston Martin-like front grille shape of the current Ford Fusion. For the first time since 1964 (?) the Mustang will have independent rear suspension. So, I know this must be a big deal to the traditionalists who never wanted to lose the single piece live rear axle...am I right?
As my father put it, "Books will be written about the loss of the Mustang "look" and the live rear axle"...anyone here writing one of these books?
I think people will only view it as a "loss" if hoonage is seriously impacted. But i have a sneaky suspicion the S550 will be just as easy to get sideways.

as for the looks the side profile of the S550 still keeps many traditional design cues
post #3 of 9 Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 PM

Im not pissed, why? because we're in a different time and if car makers want to stay relevant in the times they need to do thing that keep them around. So far from what I've been reading about on the new Mustang, it's in a way like a return of the foxbody, but just in a sexier shell.

Anyone who wants old school can buy old school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-13-2013, 08:47 PM

I have to wait until I see the real thing.

I see a bunch of renders but they don't really match the spy shots.

post #5 of 9 Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 AM

I agree with cfrp. Until we see the final product it's hard to make a judgement. Whatever Ford does will have to move the Mustang forward with modern design cues while still staying true to the classic Mustang features that define the brand.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 PM

From the renders they haven't really stayed true to many of the classic design features in my opinion.

post #7 of 9 Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
I have to wait until I see the real thing.

I see a bunch of renders but they don't really match the spy shots.
That is one thing I noticed about the renderings is that they are not consistent. hard to say which one looks nice when they all look different.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
From the renders they haven't really stayed true to many of the classic design features in my opinion.
Yeah but these are just renderings right. so until something gets revealed or unmasked.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 AM

A recent opinion from someone at Ford said one of the renderings was close?

Either way all of them are different.