The End of the Retro Age: Happy or Sad? - Page 2 - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 19 Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 PM

As a younger guy, I feel the new Mustang is meant for my generation. My dad and older brother on the other hand absolutely hate the new design. They say it looks like a European car now.
post #12 of 19 Old 05-16-2013, 06:55 PM

Well just like music Ford has to go mainstream to make the most of out sales right. So they have to let the past go and move on to something bigger and better. It's better for business but along the way they will lose alot of interest from old owners.
post #13 of 19 Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM

If you haven't noticed big time ceo's and directors of sales don't give a **** about past owners. Its all about coming up with fresh new ideas for the best interests of their company. And plus even though they will lose a few fans along the way, they will gain a new crowd .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY View Post
As a younger guy, I feel the new Mustang is meant for my generation. My dad and older brother on the other hand absolutely hate the new design. They say it looks like a European car now.
The new generation will be the ones coming up and making money as the older guys are looking to retire and settle with more comfortable cars. this is just the way of life. So this is the generation that ford is most interested in.
post #15 of 19 Old 05-16-2013, 06:59 PM

I would consider the mustang to be ford's bread and butter, it is an important vehicle that they have to keep improving on to keep the newer generation interested.
post #16 of 19 Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
lol, forgot to add the n't. Anyways, I just watched the interview with the Mustang chief engineer, and he feels the exact same way about V8 and Mustang. V8 is not going anywhere.
It better not be going anywhere otherwise the mustang would just turn out to be some economical vehicle.
post #17 of 19 Old 05-21-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteStang23 View Post
The new generation will be the ones coming up and making money as the older guys are looking to retire and settle with more comfortable cars. this is just the way of life. So this is the generation that ford is most interested in.
I wouldn't lump all older guys as sedan drivers. I would say most Mustang fans are men in their middle age or older. No better time than the later years to really enjoy a car.
post #18 of 19 Old 05-21-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
I wouldn't lump all older guys as sedan drivers. I would say most Mustang fans are men in their middle age or older. No better time than the later years to really enjoy a car.
I would say its in the middle for age, starting from the late 20s. The market is really from there when you think about the average age of mustang drivers.
post #19 of 19 Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
I don't know about the mustang fans being that much older in age but one thing is for sure there is no age capacity to appreciate a car. The mustang is fun for all ages. Why do I feel like a spokesperson for an ad lol.