2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum (https://www.mustangs550forum.com/forum/)
-   New 2015 Mustang General Discussion Forum (https://www.mustangs550forum.com/forum/new-2015-mustang-general-discussion-forum/)
-   -   The End of the Retro Age: Happy or Sad? (https://www.mustangs550forum.com/forum/new-2015-mustang-general-discussion-forum/73-end-retro-age-happy-sad.html)

Sally 05-03-2013 09:40 AM

The End of the Retro Age: Happy or Sad?
 
It was almost a decade ago that we saw the second coming of the Retro Muscle Car, which began with Ford releasing their Mustang designed to look like the old classics of the 60s. It proved very popular with customers and Chevrolet and Dodge soon released their own muscle cars, which were the Camaro and Challenger.

The Mustang thrived off this resurgence but it looks like Ford is abandoning the retro look for something more modern for their 6th generation Mustang.

What do you guys think? Is it time for a change or are you happy with the current retro design? Personally, I feel it's about time.

Cobra Kai 05-03-2013 10:05 AM

A little bit of both. It's like putting an old dog to rest and going to the pound to find a new friend. When the redesigned Mustang was first released I was blown away but now I'm excited to see what Ford has in store for us with the new Mustang.

MustangFan 05-13-2013 02:49 PM

it's about time they got over the retro look, it wasn't a look that would be suitable being on a 2015 and up vehicle cause even when brand new in 2015 it will look 5-10 years old, that's bad!

I do like how Ford went about designing the new Ford Mustang. When i first saw the Ford Evos concept my impression was that this would be the death of the Mustang, but after looking at it quite a bit and seeing renderings using it's design and what the production model 2015 Mustang could potentially look like.... I'm not worried.

Even better, they are keeping the V8. In a world where ever car maker is trying to be more green, at least Ford is still sticking to it's roots with it's "pony car"




Sally 05-14-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangFan (Post 1098)

Even better, they are keeping the V8. In a world where ever car maker is trying to be more green, at least Ford is still sticking to it's roots with it's "pony car"

If Ford did give a V8 option, they would have a riot on their hands. While I like the idea of modern redesign, I think certain things should be maintained in keeping the legacy of the Mustang.

2tonepony 05-14-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally (Post 1186)
If Ford did give a V8 option, they would have a riot on their hands. While I like the idea of modern redesign, I think certain things should be maintained in keeping the legacy of the Mustang.

I think you mean if ford didn't give a V8 option cause if there would be a riot over a V8 option, it would have happened already LOL

new mustang is reaching all demands, CAFE standards being met with 4 cylinder model, mainstream and fun V6 model, then the high horsepower V8 for the real mustang lover.

Sally 05-14-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2tonepony (Post 1218)
I think you mean if ford didn't give a V8 option cause if there would be a riot over a V8 option, it would have happened already LOL

new mustang is reaching all demands, CAFE standards being met with 4 cylinder model, mainstream and fun V6 model, then the high horsepower V8 for the real mustang lover.

lol, forgot to add the n't. Anyways, I just watched the interview with the Mustang chief engineer, and he feels the exact same way about V8 and Mustang. V8 is not going anywhere.

5Trickpony 05-15-2013 11:51 AM

I am sad the way the modern day muscle cars are going. I feel that automakers are trying to make the cars appeal more to the modern day crowd and forgetting us faithful owners. I had no big problem with the current retro modern look mustang. But now it looks all too weird.

ForceFedStang 05-15-2013 11:54 AM

It all comes down to the money that could be made.You would like them to be more considerate as a company but they have to look out for their best interests which is money.

the guys up top probably made a few negative comments to the designers and now this is their way of making up for it. i bet you if this mustang wasn't badge it would be hard for the regular joe to guess what car it was.

5Trickpony 05-15-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceFedStang (Post 1354)
It all comes down to the money that could be made.You would like them to be more considerate as a company but they have to look out for their best interests which is money.

the guys up top probably made a few negative comments to the designers and now this is their way of making up for it. i bet you if this mustang wasn't badge it would be hard for the regular joe to guess what car it was.

Funny way to put it but i do see some truth to that.

He would probably say its something along the lines of european I bet you.

ForceFedStang 05-15-2013 11:57 AM

If they would have just skipped out on the current retro look and work from the platform before it wouldn't be so bad. Now you got a group of modern retro guys to complain too. they are probably the loudest voice put beside the elder owners who wouldn't even car since they will stick with the vintage mustangs.

PONY 05-15-2013 02:06 PM

As a younger guy, I feel the new Mustang is meant for my generation. My dad and older brother on the other hand absolutely hate the new design. They say it looks like a European car now.

BruteStang23 05-16-2013 06:55 PM

Well just like music Ford has to go mainstream to make the most of out sales right. So they have to let the past go and move on to something bigger and better. It's better for business but along the way they will lose alot of interest from old owners.

GlitchMob 05-16-2013 06:56 PM

If you haven't noticed big time ceo's and directors of sales don't give a **** about past owners. Its all about coming up with fresh new ideas for the best interests of their company. And plus even though they will lose a few fans along the way, they will gain a new crowd .

BruteStang23 05-16-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PONY (Post 1538)
As a younger guy, I feel the new Mustang is meant for my generation. My dad and older brother on the other hand absolutely hate the new design. They say it looks like a European car now.

The new generation will be the ones coming up and making money as the older guys are looking to retire and settle with more comfortable cars. this is just the way of life. So this is the generation that ford is most interested in.

GlitchMob 05-16-2013 06:59 PM

I would consider the mustang to be ford's bread and butter, it is an important vehicle that they have to keep improving on to keep the newer generation interested.

BruteStang23 05-16-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally (Post 1258)
lol, forgot to add the n't. Anyways, I just watched the interview with the Mustang chief engineer, and he feels the exact same way about V8 and Mustang. V8 is not going anywhere.

It better not be going anywhere otherwise the mustang would just turn out to be some economical vehicle.

Cobra Kai 05-21-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruteStang23 (Post 1650)
The new generation will be the ones coming up and making money as the older guys are looking to retire and settle with more comfortable cars. this is just the way of life. So this is the generation that ford is most interested in.

I wouldn't lump all older guys as sedan drivers. I would say most Mustang fans are men in their middle age or older. No better time than the later years to really enjoy a car.

BruteStang23 05-21-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai (Post 1674)
I wouldn't lump all older guys as sedan drivers. I would say most Mustang fans are men in their middle age or older. No better time than the later years to really enjoy a car.

I would say its in the middle for age, starting from the late 20s. The market is really from there when you think about the average age of mustang drivers.

Domestic Violence 05-21-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai (Post 1674)
I wouldn't lump all older guys as sedan drivers. I would say most Mustang fans are men in their middle age or older. No better time than the later years to really enjoy a car.

I don't know about the mustang fans being that much older in age but one thing is for sure there is no age capacity to appreciate a car. The mustang is fun for all ages. Why do I feel like a spokesperson for an ad lol.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome