Mustang S550 related to Lincoln MKR? - 2015 Ford Mustang S550 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 05-06-2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mustang S550 related to Lincoln MKR?

Is it true the MKR is a dressed up Mustang?

And the price is going to be up to 100k?!

post #2 of 7 Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM

I'm not too familiar with Lincolns. What is the MKR and how does it compare to a Mustang?
post #3 of 7 Old 05-08-2013, 06:47 PM

I seen the Lincoln MKR concept but from the pictures alone it seems like a really big body coupe with a long wheel base, it might be as you called it a "dressed up mustang" but I'd like to see more info before I agree with that. Last I checked I know Lincoln wanted to keep it's self farther apart from Ford and not be like the past where they had a lot of similar vehicles based off of eachother.

Lincoln MKR concept:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

I just read it as a rumor somewhere. I am sure they will use the S550 platform for other cars. The question is - which cars.

post #5 of 7 Old 05-09-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
I just read it as a rumor somewhere. I am sure they will use the S550 platform for other cars. The question is - which cars.
Only things I can think of them doing with the S550 platform is using it for a sporty crossover/SUV and maybe even a sports sedan. I will never waste my money on a Ford Fusion or even the Focus, Ford can use a real performance sedan.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdftw View Post
I seen the Lincoln MKR concept but from the pictures alone it seems like a really big body coupe with a long wheel base, it might be as you called it a "dressed up mustang" but I'd like to see more info before I agree with that. Last I checked I know Lincoln wanted to keep it's self farther apart from Ford and not be like the past where they had a lot of similar vehicles based off of eachother.

Lincoln MKR concept:

That is one ugly concept. No joke this thing needs improvement. Either that or just keep it a concept where it belongs. Or else it will be failed funds and project in the bin. It barely has any tail lights.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Is it true the MKR is a dressed up Mustang?

And the price is going to be up to 100k?!
If this is true what does the $100k justify? a mustang chassis and what options and features can add up to that price. I doubt this is the case but if it were true this will be a downer for Lincoln. this will be a start of a bad reputation for them. Or the beginning of a lost cause.